19 October 2010

Bags/Packs

Having a good quality pack to carry all your precious gear is a necessity. There are literally hundreds of packs to choose from, all shapes, sizes and designs. Personally I like having several different kinds to choose from. Now I don't keep all of them stocked and ready to go, depending on the situation, I will choose which one I need. These are a few of the packs that I have used. I have several others that are slightly different, but you get the point.





This bag is my old deer hunting pack. It's made by Mad Dog and is made from sturdy material that is fairly quiet. It's nothing fancy, but it held what I needed it to and matched my camo (Advantage Timber) clothing.


My wife and I both have one of these bags. It's a Bug Out Gear Tactical Backpack. They are hydration compatible and can haul 2,436 cubic inches of gear. These can be used for almost everything. Currently we use one of these for the babies BOB that is kept in my wife's Jeep Cherokee.

This is my Military Issue CFP-90 Combat Pack. It has a rugged internal frame and is made of 1000 denier nylon which is heavier than cordura. It can carry 60-70 pounds comfortably and has 3,042 cubic inches of storage space. The main compartment can be split into 2 separate pockets with their own access. Mine also has a separate Patrol Pack that can be attached to the front. This pack is also hydration compatible.


My day hike bag is a Camelbak M.U.L.E. It holds 3 L of water and 540 cubic inches of gear. I have even used this on an overnight trip. It's light and compact, which is very important for rapid movement through the bush.




My wife's hiking bag is a Granite Gear Vapor Ki. It is meant to be a lightweight pack for day hikes, but she uses it for extended hikes as well. It will hold 30 pounds of gear comfortably, and has 3,600 cubic inches of storage space. It is hydration compatible and only weighs 2lbs 5oz.




My hiking bag is a Kelty Coyote 4750. It's an internal frame pack with 4,750 cubic inches of storage space. The pack weighs just over 5 lbs and is very comfortable. The top lid doubles as a separate fanny pack, it's hydration compatible and has front access to the main compartment. I use this in lieu of my Military Issue Combat Pack, depending on the situation.






No comments:

Post a Comment