12 October 2010

Clothing

Clothing is an important part of any type of survival. Having the proper clothing can keep you warm and dry. I have put together a few outfits that I use frequently. These all work well and can be found fairly readily. The first picture is what I use for hunting and camping in colder climates. Alaska is notorious for being cold and wet so having good quality clothing is a must. This is Cabelas Outfitter Fleece with Windshear. The berber fleece not only keeps you warm, even when wet, it is quiet while stalking game. I purchased the jacket, pants, pullover shirt, gloves, watch cap and neck gaiter all from Cabelas. It works very well for me, from moose and bear hunting to lounging around the campsite.


Next is an example of my every-day wear. I wear this when hiking, shooting or just going to the store. The pants are Blackhawk Tactical Pants and I have various colors. The shirt here is Columbia but I own several different brands. Of course the leg holster only gets used when in rural locations and I wouldn't take my rifle into Walmart either.




This is my rain gear. I have both DCU and Woodland Gor-Tex that I can use. Gor-Tex is great for keeping the water out, but it doesn't breathe very well. Luckily the jackets have zippers under the armpits to aid in this. I also have fleece liners for the jacket and pants for colder weather.





This is what I would wear out hiking in semi cold and rainy weather. The pack is my Camelbak M.U.L.E.





Of course this is what I wore while serving in the Air Force. It's the new ABU or Airman Battle Dress Uniform. I don't really wear it much, but I like having different types of camouflage at my disposal.





Of course I have the old mainstay of camouflage, the BDU or Battle Dress Uniform. What I love about BDU's are their versatility and functionality. They are comfortable and can be found everywhere.





This is me wearing my BOB. I have several different packs to choose from depending on the situation, but I mostly use this setup.




Having good quality clothing for the type of environment you will be in is paramount when it comes to surviving. I have been cold and miserable many times because I didn't have the proper clothing and I can tell you it sucks.







No comments:

Post a Comment