24 October 2010

Buffalo Mine

A friend and I headed out to Buffalo Mine today. We left Anchorage at 10 am and got to the trail head around 11. First mishap happened right after we unloaded the 3-wheelers. The cord on the starter pulled out on my ATV so it had to be pull started all day.


We headed East across Moose Creek. This bridge was a bit hairy but we made it with no problems.

The view from the bridge was awesome.

This was overlooking an old coal mine, about 2 miles down the trail.

Then the real issues started. Both ATV's started cutting out and would continue to do so the rest of the trip. What a pain.

View of Elks Lake

My buddy was able to get a nice grouse. I almost ran it over with my ATV.

Beautiful Country out there.

Taking a short break.
We ended up taking a trail to Jonesville Mine, which was about 10 miles out of the way. There were so many trails out there it was easy to get turned around. I think we zigged when we should have zagged. I hoped to be home around 5, but we were still in the woods at that time. Luckily we found the right trail and found the truck around 5. I ended up flipping my ATV 3 times trying to go up some steep trails. It was a great trip and I had lots of fun, but I bet I'll be sore tomorrow.









No comments:

Post a Comment