02 October 2010

Knife & Sheath Making

This is one of my many hobbies. So far these are the only knives I have made. The blades I bought already shaped and heat treated since I don't have the tools necessary to do this yet. The first knife I made was this skinning knife. The handle is made of black dymondwood that I shaped and mounted to the blade.





This is the knife and dymondwood handle material.


Finished knife. I also serrated the blade and added thumb grips on the spine.


The sheath is made of brown Kydex with a horizontal belt loop.



My second knife was this survival knife. I bought handle material called G5 but decided to go a different route with the handle.



Knife blank.





Wrapped the handle with 550 cord.




I also serrated the blade and made a black Kydex sheath.











No comments:

Post a Comment